Please read the Competition Rules page to get you started with the competition. If you still have questions remaining, you can find the answers to most of them below.
1. Can I participate if I haven’t been accepted to Lund University?
Absolutely! Anyone is welcome to participate. However, your submission will only be judged after Lund University has offered you a place in one of their Master’s programmes.
2. Will my submission still be eligible to win if I submit it before I am accepted to Lund University?
Yes, your submission will be held on file. Once you have been accepted to Lund University it will be reviewed by the competition judges.
3. Do I need to provide proof that I was accepted to Lund University?
No, Lund University will have direct access to the admissions results from www.universityadmissions.se.
4. I am a permanent resident in the EU, EEA, or Switzerland, but I am not a citizen there. Am I still eligible for Lund University’s 350th Jubilee Scholarship?
Yes. Since you are required to pay tuition fees at Swedish universities, you are eligible to win the scholarship. The only exception to this is for permanent residents of Sweden as they are already exempt from paying tuition fees at Swedish universities and thus are ineligible for the scholarship.
5. When is the last chance to register for the competition?
January 15th, 2017 is the last day to register for the scholarship competition.
6. When is the last chance to complete my submission?
February 15th, 2017 is the last day to complete your submission for the scholarship.
7. When is the last chance to apply to Lund University?
The university admissions application deadline is on January 15th, 2017.
8. When will I find out if I have been admitted to Lund University?
Admissions results will be posted on www.universityadmissions.se in March 2017.
9. Can I still attend Lund University if I don’t get the scholarship?
If you have been accepted, absolutely! Keep in mind that you will still be responsible for all fees associated with the cost of attending Lund University. However, there may be other scholarships available. You can learn more here.
10. I applied to another Swedish university, can I use the scholarship for that university instead?
No, this scholarship is only valid at Lund University.
11. I was accepted at another Swedish university and now my application to Lund University has been deleted, what happened?
The Swedish university admissions site asked you to rank the programmes you applied for by preference. If your application to Lund University was deleted, it may be because you were accepted to another university whose programme you ranked higher. If the programme(s) at Lund University were your highest ranked preference(s), then you were not admitted to Lund University and your application moved to the next highest ranked programme at another university.
12. Which programmes at Lund University can I use the scholarship for?
This scholarship applies to all Master’s programmes taught at Lund University. There is no restriction according to subject or field of study.
13. Who will judge the essays and personal statements?
The competition organizers and Lund University will judge the essays and personal statements.
14. When will the submissions be judged?
The submissions will be judged during spring 2017 and the results will be announced in April 2017.
15. Why is Lund University providing these scholarships?
Lund University is celebrating its 350th Jubilee and wants to provide motivated and passionate individuals from around the world the chance to grow and innovate. As you further your own education, you will also contribute to one or more of the various research and innovation areas at Lund University.
16. Where can I find more information about Lund University’s research and innovation areas?
Visit http://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/research-innovation to learn more about research and innovation at Lund University.
17. I am having trouble submitting my competition materials, what can I do?
Please contact us at email@example.com for support. If the deadline is near, please include your competition materials in your email before the deadline.
18. What file formats are acceptable for the submissions?
The essay should be written or copy/pasted into the text box on the submission page. Please double check that your desired formatting has not changed if you paste the text from another document.
19. What happens if I don’t submit all of the required information?
Incomplete submissions will not be eligible for review, and will not be judged. If you have trouble completing the required information or believe there has been an error, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.